Health and Safety Advisor
Incorporatewear is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their team, this role will be responsible for coordinating, supporting and advising on all aspects of Health and Safety within the business as well as managing and monitoring company H&S processes, standards, training and systems. With leading guidance from our parent company, we are on an upward curve of improvement; we need someone who can take what we have, drive through further change and maintain the momentum as we strive for ‘Best’!
About The Role
As Health and Safety Advisor you will lead, drive and inspire a continual positive change in the organisation and support a culture of health and safety across all our people. We would look to you to mentor & coach our people; as our H&S guide you will need to communicate at all levels using your experience to enable our goals.
You will be the subject matter expert and the main point of liaison with all key stakeholders ensuring compliance. This will be through a combination of audit, policy adherence, process development and training set against key measures to control and monitor health and safety, so your ability to influence positively at all levels is key!
Hands on approach to ensuring the safety of our people across 2 sites in the Birmingham area, you will need your expertise to lead the business forward in Health & Safety and develop those around you to support and deliver programs that drive continual improvement. 20 hours per week to suit.
- Ensure the working environment is safe and risk free
- Review and maintain company H&S policies and procedures, as well as ensuring they are adhered too
- Ensure all statutory obligations are met in relation to Health & Safety, including reporting and training
- Ensure the business is up to date with all relevant UK/EU legislation.
- Support regular risk assessments and reviews
- Support Line Management to investigate all incidents/near misses, providing recommendations for improvement and implementing
- Ensure inspections are carried out as required and all employees are aware of their own responsibilities
- Develop existing H&S policies and procedures towards best practice.
- Ensure H&S training records are updated/maintained.
- Hold regular H&S meetings and follow up on agreed actions and deadlines
- Liaise with suppliers, contractors, insurers and solicitors where necessary
- Lead the coaching and training of operational managers in areas of Health and Safety
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years recent experience within a similar role
- NEBOSH (General Cert) achieved, or working towards (or industry equivalents)
- Experience of handling H&S investigations and providing advice to senior management
- Knowledge of BSI 9001/18001
- H&S Audit/recommendations/engagement.
- IOSH membership
- Similar role in a logistics/FMCG environment
- Proven delivery of continual improvement
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Confident and professional in your approach
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise effectively
- A strong communicator with excellent presenting skills
- Familiar with MS packages and a confident IT user
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- A strong team player
This role will predominantly be Coleshill based however occasional travel to another Birmingham site is required; therefore a full driving license is essential. Occasional travel to Portugal, so an up to date Passport would be required.
Closing Date: 30/01/2018
Right to Work in the UK
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Relocation assistance is not available for applicants from outside of the UK. Original documents that provide proof of the right to work must be produced at interview stage.
If you think you have the relevant skills and experience please get in touch and send your CV and covering letter to John Tombs, Head of Warehouse & Logistics – email@example.com